It's time for safe staffing in aged care!
- Nurses and caregivers in aged care have a message you need to hear: unsafe staffing means residents aren’t getting the care they deserve.
- Because there are too few staff on shift, care is rationed and this harms residents and leaves staff distressed by heavy workloads.
- The problem is that staffing levels are set using outdated and voluntary standards.
- To ensure every resident gets the care they deserve we need to update Staffing Standards and make them mandatory.
- That is why NZNO & E tū are calling for a review into Staffing Standards in aged care.
- We want you to add your voice to this call to action.
Click here to read the full report
Click Here to volunteer